Our next ‘For One Night Only’ evening is on Friday 17th February at 8pm. We are looking for acts to perform a 5 minute slot, do something new, or something you have always wanted to try.
As 17th February is National Random Acts Of Kindness Day, that will be our theme.
Be random, be kind, but be there!
Drop us a line if you would like to perform or just come along and watch.
‘For One Night Only’ provides a supportive opportunity to share something new. It could be a poem or short piece of prose, a piece of music, sung or played, comedy, magic, even a short film…..or something completely different. People who wish to simply attend as audience members are welcome and there is no obligation to perform. However if you have a hankering to share something untried and untested in this intimate, mutual space, we encourage you to step forward.
If this is catching your interest there are a couple of things you need to note:
• The theme for this event is ‘Random Acts of Kindness’. Your piece should be inspired by this in some way if possible.
• Each act must be no longer than 5 minutes.
• Due to space restrictions in the venue, a performance group can be no larger than 5 people.
• The Knut is a purely acoustic venue with no amplification (except for films).
• A maximum of two spots allowed per group/individual.
• Content does not have to be original compositions/new writing (though they might be) but they should be new in terms of never having been performed by you/your group before.
How will the event work?
Performers names will be pulled out of a hat on the night. We have house performers who will open the night and kick off after the break as we thought these the most daunting slots.
There will be no charge for the event, but a ‘magic hat’ will be circulated at the end for people to contribute what they feel the evening has been worth. Money raised will go towards supporting events and activities in the Knut.
Space is limited in The Knut so non-performers who have not booked will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
Tea, coffee, juice and wine will be available on a suggested donation basis.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To book your space as a performer or audience member please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org